CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 30, 2010

There comes a point.....

Well what we have here is a simple matter of running down both mentally and physically. It's time to file taxes, I know I need to find a job, my wife needs help taking care of the kids, and my son has an illness that is difficult to treat much less expect him to be able to function well. So that leads me to ask... Exactly what am I to be expected to be able to do about it?

Let's see I am the one who has to be able to lift and move him. Yet I'm getting to the point I'm so worn out that when I attempt to I feel like I'm either going to drop him, fall on him, or just shaking him around too much as trying tolift him onto the bed or possition him as he wants to be in the chair or on the couch. Have to get up with him at night to help him go potty as I have to hold him up, or just to reposition him as he's become uncomfortable where he is laying. Next issue, I have been unemployed save for part time as able to go, since he was diagnosed. This is because I cannot leave it on my wife to attempt to take care of both kids one who just doesn't stop, and the other needs to be fully cared for at the present time. She can't lift him or move him by herself, and he really can't help. My son keeps getting up throughout the night,and takes longer andlonger naps during the day. While my daughter sleeps like a rock all night and refuses to take even a small nap during the day. So where am I to take even a small break and get any rest at all?

My father-In-Law is fussing that I need to "Get off my ass, and get a job." Even though I already have one that is able and willing to work with my scheduling needs when I can actually go in. Now this adds extra stress on me, as if I don't have enough already, since he doesn't seem to want to help unless it's on his terms. At least not on the home side front here. He comes home from work, and rather than attempting to find something to do/ or even watch something on TV as a family, he heads straight to his bedroom and if we are lucky we see him long enough for him to fuss about something or say good night to the kids. Now don't get me wrong he has been a wonderful help in other aspects.

I also understand where he's coming from with the need to get a job that I can better work the hours, but inorder for me to do that I need to know for a fact that my wife has help with the kids while I'm at work. Otherwise I'd get the money together and finish my CDL training and go to work in trucking. Then I know we could get everything settled withiin 6 months at the most.

I know I need to be able toi work more. Hell I have a student loan to make payments on, Child Support ( since my ex and her hubby won't get a move on and complete the adoption they asked for) of more than $300 per month that I'm behind on, as well as all other normal bills. So yes I already know I need to get back to work. So any ideas while my son is so sick that he literally has to be lifted and held just so he can piss mush less get dressed or move from seat to table?

The kids won't stop fighting. Silly stuff... One wants the radio on and the other doesn't. Ten minutes later they change what they want. The one who wanted it on now wants it off,and the one who didn't wantit now wants toleave it on. This of course is just one example. Many, many more. Some about whogets to sit where, who gets to play with what toy, you get the idea.

I have to handle the taxes, keeping track of needs, helping in every way possible. I really am trying to do everything that I can, but it seems that every time I turn around nomatter how much I try to help or what I've done...I either haven't done enough, haven't done it right, forgot to do something that was apparently really important that I don't even remember being told about.

Don't get me wrong I know my wife has a lot going on too. She's the one dealing with the Dr.'s, keeping track of who says what, what family member wants what questions asked, what the responses to those questions are, trying to put up with the same issues with the kids trying to kill each other as best they can as I have to. How she keeps up, puts up with all of this, and me getting shorter and shorter and temper, having trouble even holding myself up much less the kids. I'm actually somewhat surprised she hasn't picked up a baseball bat, beat the hell out of me, and told me to leave yet... Course maybe that's because we're here at St. Jude again instead of at home with her trusty Louisville Slugger.... Who knows?

I truly love my family more than anything. I'm courious though as to exactly how far a person can push themselves mentally and physically without any real rest or break before they actually crack and fall?

0 comments: